Get ready for the Digital Design (E85A) and Computer Architecture (E85B) courses by ordering your kit today! Use Coupon Code HarveyMuddX for $2 off and to waive the cart minimum.
Presented by Profs. Josh Brake, David Harris of Harvey Mudd College and Sarah Harris of UNLV.
This kit provides the necessary hardware components for completing the labs for both Digital Design (E85A) and Computer Architecture (E85B) courses offered through EdX. You may consult the respective EdX MOOC pages for more information on the courses.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Build digital systems at levels of abstraction from transistors through circuits and logic.
- Manage complexity using the digital abstraction, static and dynamic disciplines, and hierarchical design.
- Design and implement combinational and sequential digital circuits using schematics and hardware description languages.
- Analyze and trade off performance, cost, and power consumption of digital circuits.
- Begin the practice of implementing and debugging digital systems with appropriate lab techniques including breadboarding and interpreting datasheets.
- Simulate digital circuits with the free student edition of Mentor Graphics ModelSim.
Course participants will be able to get valuable hands-on experience working with digital circuitry and programming a microcontroller development board based around a RISC-V processor.
Use coupon code HarveyMuddX in the cart for $2 off and to waive the cart minimum charge. All kits have a $16.97 flat shipping fee and will arrive via insured Fed Ex ground service.
Your custom-made course kit includes the following components:
|SparkFun RED-V RedBoard - SiFive RISC-V FE310 SoC||1|
|1.5FT USB TYPE-C MALE TO TYPE-A MALE CABLES, 480MBPS, BLACK||1|
|SparkFun Triple Axis Accelerometer Breakout - LIS3DH||1|
|Connector Header Through Hole 6 position 0.100" (2.54mm)||1|
|Miniature 8x8 Red LED Matrix||1|
|Mini Speaker - PC Mount 12mm 2.048kHz||1|
|Tactile Switch SPST-OFF(ON) Top Actuated Through Hole||2|
|10 kOhms ±1% 0.25W, 1/4W Through Hole Resistor||2|
|330 Ohms ±5% 0.25W, 1/4W Through Hole Resistor||10|
|Red LED 5mm, 2 pin||1|
|Green LED 5mm, 2 pin||1|
|White 830-point Breadboard,4 Power Rails, Peelable Adhesive Backing (6.50 x 4.30 x .30)||1|
|Pre-formed jumper wires, various sizes & colors 140 pieces||1|
|Inverter IC 6 Channel 14-PDIP (SN74HC04N)||1|
|AND Gate IC 4 Channel 14-PDIP (SN74HC08N)||1|
|OR Gate IC 4 Channel 14-PDIP (SN74HC32N)||1|
|Flip Flop 2 Element D-Type 1 Bit Positive Edge 14-DIP (0.300", 7.62mm)||1|
|XOR (Exclusive OR) IC 4 Channel 14-PDIP||1|